Saturday, November 3, 2007

I am grateful

The happiest moment of my day today cam as I reflected on the blessings I have been given in my life and the things that I am grateful for.
there are too many things to list but I will express some things I feel grateful for in my life.
My Family. both extended and immediate. I have the most supportive and fun Family and not a day goes by that I don't wonder how I got so lucky.
The ability to have children. This past week especially I feel that I can, in the most minimal way, appreciate the agony of not being able to bear children. My heart goes out to those Woman and I truly pray for them to feel comforted. I feel blessed beyond belief that I have been able to participate in the joy(and agony) of bearing children.
My Testimony. I am grateful that I have an unshakeable testimony of the truthfulness of the gospel. I am thankful for my membership in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I know that Joseph Smith was indeed the great restorer of this, the Lord's church. And I know the Book of Mormon to be the word of God. I am thankful that we are lead by a Prophet of God in these days. I have faith that by following the teachings of the Savior I can live happily. I am grateful that I have been given the tools to raise my children, have a great marriage and be an Eternal Family.
My Friends. I have some of the most amazing friends in my life. I am humbled by being around them and feel so blessed by knowing and loving them.
And then many small things. The ocean, the cool breeze on my face in the evenings, the sun as it warms my skin a I get out of a pool, delicious foods, kind strangers, art, beautiful music, clean sheets as I go to bed late in the evening, telephones to catch up with those whom I love so much, selfless acts, leaders and teachers who give so much of their time, cameras and camcorders to capture priceless gifts of time.
And so, so much more.
I am truly blessed and am so grateful for all I have been given.

5 comments:

Jamie C. said...

What a nice post to read on a SUnday. Thanks for the reminders!

regibells said...

I love reading your blog Jill, you are always so positive and uplifting! Well said.

Unknown said...

It's so nice to know my son is married to such
a sweet and wonderful woman. We love you

Becca said...

great post! I love seeing what makes others happy!!!

Unknown said...

Jill you are so encouraging. Its easy to get caught up in the day-to-day rush and forget to appreciate the things that really matter. Thanks for reminding me to come up for air!