Friday, November 30, 2007

My style is changing

new decorations
old decorations


A few Christmas' ago I went to "Hobby Lobby" in Naperville Illinois where I purchased a ton of inexpensive Christmas decorations. It consisted of mostly snowmen and a few other such Holiday themed items. Santa's, Christmas tree's,reindeer... you get the idea. For about 2 years I thought they were all really cute. But now I can not stand them. I feel like a 12 years old decorated our house. I know part of the reason for my choices came because those are the types of things that were on sale at the "Hobby Lobby" and were were students on a budget. But I also remember thinking that they were cute too, so I can't cut myself too much slack.
so now I am finding myself wanting to pretty much start from scratch. My Holiday decorating is getting much more formal. I love green bay leave garland, colorful glass balls inside different sized clear hurricane's and vases, deep reds and greens, festive floral arrangements, and lights. So all this juvenile decorating is driving me a little crazy. I plan on doing some decoration re-vamping the day after Christmas so that this time next year I am feeling more festive in my beautifully decorated home.
I guess I am getting older. Anybody need some snowmen?

2 comments:

Becca said...

see... getting older isn't all that bad!!!! I'm with you. I've become really picky when it comes to decorating for the Hoilidays! Just because it's on sale doesn't mean it's cute!!!

regibells said...

I am so with you Jill. Upstairs in the kids room and areas no one goes are where I put my old decorations. So it's up stairs with the old and down with the new! I love all the garlands and shiny balls and formal things too! I think Steve's family has rubbed off on me. They know how to do it up for Christmas. LOVE THE DECOR!