Saturday, December 1, 2007

I love this Weather

Mom and Luke. December 2005 in Naperville, Illinois


Luke and Dad. or cold and colder

I have been so happy these last 2 days. Yesterday was cold and rainy. Today... cold and windy. It just makes me so happy and upbeat. I know it sounds weird but I just come alive in the cold. I get in the mood to clean and organize. I want to go out and be enjoying the opportunity to wear sweaters and coats. I love the way my cheeks feel, un-protected from the air and frigid. Red and rosy. 
So I am hoping to have another "cold" day tomorrow. I must admit today was  about 58 degrees but there is something about that wet, moist breeze that can cut right through you. I really do love it though.
I was remembering, as we went out to get our tree today, 2 years ago in Chicago. We went out to get our Christmas Tree, I was 9 months pregnant and it was maybe 17 degree's outside. After about 10 minutes we had to go home because Dave's hands were bright red. We forgot gloves and it was pain to keep taking his hands out of his jacket pockets to lift up trees as we inspected them. He took us home, Luke was a freezing mess, and went back to get the tree on his own... gloves in hand this time. Now that was cold. I still sort of enjoyed even that though and I miss, crazy as that may sound.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Luke just keeps getting cuter as he gets older! The cold weather has been nice. I can't wait to see your Christmas Tree this year!

Unknown said...

Its Ella.......This is so cool.I love how I can read about my life.