Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Who is this girl?

Ella is driving me bonkers recently. I am hoping that this is temporary. Blaming it on her perpetual Winter cold or that fact that she may be working on her 2 year molars. But I think its less those things then I'd like to admit. This girl has been downright sassy, grumpy and naughty. Not to mention the fact that she's basically stopped eating.
Yesterday I was awoken from a nap, I love my life, to Dave screaming Ella's name like I had never heard him do before. I sprinted downstairs and saw it. Black Sharpie all over GG's things and all over Ella and her clothes. She had found this marker and went to town on GG's chair, pillow, books, dresser and mirror. I wanted to kill her. These are the few things that GG actually uses consistently. And among the very few things she has brought here from her old home... and my kid has gone and turned them into an art project! I was horrified and embarrassed. We got it off of the furniture but that was the best we could do. Of coarse GG was a star about the whole thing. "Those things are bound to happen." and " I can just flip this pillow upside-down and you wont even see any of it" Were among the words out of her mouth... I love this Woman. I think she was the one who felt bad that Ella had been yelled at and put in her room for so long. 
So, here is my new, naughty Ella. Any suggestions? Besides to keep the markers out of the house.

1 comment:

Tiffany J said...

This puts a whole new perspective on "Let the good times roll" Hopefully it's a quick phase she'll go through!