Sunday, October 7, 2007

Eat, watch Conference, and be Merry!



The happiest moment of my day was simply eating. All day. Watching General Conference and eating. And when Conference was over? More eating.
I decided that it would be a fun tradition to plan some really delicious food for General Conference Sunday. That maybe it would help me to stay focused and be more excited about the day. Sometimes I have a hard time concentrating so I needed something big... food!
We had homemade cinnamon rolls in the morning, my first time making these and I will say... amazing. And a bit later we had a yummy breakfast casserole. I must admit this was more for a sure thing in case something went askew with the homemade rolls. That too was one perfect dish. And for the afternoon session? We had a 10 lb. turkey, homemade mashed potatoes, homemade gravy, corn and a "Andes mint" ice cream pie. It was quite fun and quite delicious.
So here's to a new tradition... and the happiest part of my day!!!

1 comment:

regibells said...

Oh fun I like your new blog. Sounds like we were way on the same page with the General Conference food! YUM I feel so PHAT and full. I Love it! Elder Wirthlin's talk was so sweet. I agree. He is such a great man. Oh yes..that birthday bear is ours....and it was the source of much dismay on our trip home when Jake realized it was gone....hehe now you get to listen to that thing over and over....so funny! I would say please keep it, but Jake would probably love it back one of these days...I'm sure we'll see you at Christmas. Love you!