Monday, October 15, 2007

I'm sorry too, Luke


Just a funny little thing that Luke said... that made me smile and laugh the most today.
Luke had a really rough afternoon yesterday and it carried through into this afternoon. I think he must have snuck some dairy into his diet somehow, maybe Nursery?, because it reminded me of his rough days before we cut the dairy out. Anyhow, I was really tired and frustrated. He was at my Moms and was being really hyper and grumpy. I pulled the plug and told him we had to go home, his response was less than cooperative. After some firm words and being physically taken to the car and calmed down he finally started to mellow out.
This evening he said" Mommy, I was really grumpy and crazy today"
"I know Buddy. It makes me really sad when you get like that"
'I'm really sorry that I was sad and grumpy, Mommy."
"O' Honey. Thats so nice of you to say that. I forgive you and I'm really glad that you're happy now. I love you"
Luke pauses for a few moments and continues.
"And Mommy. You're sorry that you were so mean to me."
I love this sweet boy. And he was right. I am sorry Luke. You are such a good boy and I love you so much. I am sorry that sometimes I get so frustrated. I will be a better more patient Mommy tomorrow. Thanks for teaching me so much and making me a better Mom and person. You make me happier than I ever thought I could be.

3 comments:

Brad said...

He is such a sweet boy. I hope that he feels better today!

Jamie C. said...

Gabriella does the same thing to me, except she doesn't apologize, she says "I'm sorry mommmy got mad" That's her definition of an apology. It always makes me smile. Kids are so forgiving, we could learn a lot from them in that department!

The Rylanders said...

That was such a sweet entry! It totally made me cry. I feel like a lot of days I may not be the nicest mommy to Isaac, he's going through a tough phase right now, but you reminded me that I need to learn more patience...Thanks! I don't know the story about Luke and his diet so you'll have to email me and tell me. I'm curious to know how dairy affects his behavior. (maybe I can learn something new about Isaac!)
-Maria