Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Time stands still




Today was such a good day. Those things seem to come just when you need them. Where the kids are angel's, which makes life peaceful and simply enjoyable.
Today one of my closest friends came out here to stay for the week. Jenn and I met in Chicago and hit it off instantly. I remember leaving the house where we met at a get-together thinking, "I think that we will be really good friends". I couldn't have imagined the extent of how true that was. We became each other's Family out there, I will always be in debt for that. Jenn is the kind of friend who could just come over, I never felt a need to impress her with my spotless house or well planed out playdate's. We could just sit and be. Our boys were each others first friends and just loved each other so much. We have loads of pictures of these 2 boys growing up before our eyes. Holidays, Birthdays, freezing cold days... the Jackman's were there.
So you can see why it made me so happy to see her and her 2 beautiful children today. It was as if time stood still and we were back in Naperville at Jenn's condo chatting and snacking while the boys played. Those are sweet, precious memories.
This afternoon we went down to Newport and watched the kids run around. When we headed out to the car we had to take a detour to the playground. As Luke and Morgan were swinging next to each other Jenn and I recounted the many moments and photo's of our boys doing the same thing a few years ago. And it was so touching to look to the next set of small swings where Ella and Madilynn were sitting next to one another, swinging. Just as our 2 "little" boys did back in the small, peaceful park in Aurora, Illinois. And it made me smile. And it made me love Jenn even more for being a part of our Family and our memories. She is indeed one wonderful friend.

No comments: