Monday, October 8, 2007

Sweet release

I am almost a bit reluctant to publicly post this bit I feel it would be an injustice to me if I were to sugarcoat it. The happiest part of my day today came at 6:30 pm. In my home that is bedtime. 
Today was just one of those busy, hectic, tired days. I actually woke up tired this morning and never quite felt as though I awoke. Usually our 3 mile walk tends to perk me up but today I felt like I was yawning and poking along, sorry Vanessa. I was just in a bad mood today. Part of it is this yucky, "Fall" weather.It makes me depressed. I miss my Chicago Autumn colors!!
The sad part about my grumpiness is that the kids weren't particularly naughty or grumpy. They were pretty good, before Ella's 5:45 meltdown, which she snapped out of with a little thanks to "Blue". I was watching the clock all afternoon just waiting to start our bedtime routine... and it came right in the nick of time, I could feel myself  spiraling downward fast.
I even through in a late afternoon trip to the Pumpkin Patch and a festive, Halloween painting craft. I think I was trying to feel like a better Mom since I knew I was grumpy and a bit short all day. It didn't help that Dave was at UCI teaching from 7 am until he gets home tonight at 10 pm. Usually I cant complain about his great schedule but on Monday's I feel I am allowed.
So here's to the best part of my day. Sitting in silence and getting ready to watch "Hero's". I am really happy now. Sorry kids, Mommy will be a lot happier and awake tomorrow, I promise. And I really, really love you more than words could ever say.

2 comments:

Becca said...

Some times that's the best time a day for all us moms. I think we are so "alone" time deprived as moms we really don't realize how special that time can be! It's rare to be able to revel in the quiet and look back and appreciate all that we did accomplish that day! When that happens we forget to give ourselves that much needed pat on the back that we so need as moms! It's just a horrible cycle we don't know how to break... if you figure it out let us all in on it!!!

Jillyboo said...

You are so sweet. I think I will go back and read that when I feel down again. You're a good friend, even across the miles.
Love you