Friday, October 5, 2007

My great love's

I was watching Oprah and her guest, the author of "Eat, Pray, Love" made some beautiful recommendations of daily rituals for an inner journey. One of her suggestions I thought was a beautiful one that I immediately knew I wanted to take part in, which is to account the happiest part of your day. I thought this was a beautiful idea and I got truly excited about it. So rather than fill to the brim our Family blog with a daily dose of my thoughts I thought this would be a better option. So here goes my own little space on the web. Jill's happiest moments.
My happiest moment of the day today was a simple yet profound one. Earlier in the afternoon Ella and I dropped Luke off at OT and then headed out the door to go grab some lunch. As we were walking to the car Ella kept insisting that we wait for Luke to come too. She would say things like " Wait for Lukie", "Come on Lukie" and " I want Lukie." These sentiments always warm my heart and bring out a smile, sometimes a small dewey eye. I bask in the sparkles that Ella's eye's exude as she watches and talks of her Big Brother, her hero. And the simple comment that Luke made later in the evening was the icing on the cake for me. We let him watch a little bit of "Star Wars" , don't judge me too harshly, before bed... even better right? On a side note he recently became obsessed with 'Star Tours" at Disneyland and my Mom so kindly introduced him to the whole magnitude of the force he so loved. After that there was no going back. So we limit his "Star Wars" movie to certain parts (all the older ones) and only for special occasions. He was extra good today so we told him he could watch it for 15 minutes this evening. After a few minutes he walked out of the room and said so sincerely and so sweetly, " I really want Ella to come in and watch my show with me" To which Dave replied, " well, you'll have to ask Ella that". Luke got down close to Ella's big blue eyes and pleaded, "Ella, will you please come watch Star Wars with me?" and of corse Ella jumped up and without a moments pause exclaimed" OK, Lukie" as she ran into Grammy's room after him.
It just brought such joy and happiness into my heart to watch my two great miracles love, want and need eachother. Luke really wanted to share with his Sister his pleasure, the thing he gets so excited over, he wanted Ella to be a part of that as well. And Ella doesn't want to think of going somewhere without her Big Brother. She wants him to be with her always.
This was the Happiest part of my day.

2 comments:

Becca said...

Such a fun idea! I may have to start record my happiest moments each day! What a great way to share your best moments and try harder to focus on the good and not the bad of a day!

regibells said...

I love it! Great idea with your happiest moment...I just might have to use your idea. You are so cute and I love to read what you write.