Sunday, October 14, 2007

My Sister



The happiest part of my day today occurred this evening. I was all ready to blog about Church today and how nice it was to be able to listen and to give a lesson. No kids, silence and reflection. But then I talked to my Sister, Charity, for an hour and determined that makes me really happy and rejuvenates me.
My Sister is almost 7 years my senior but we have always been close. Even as a small child what little I remember usually has something to do with her. I think she may have taken on the "Mom" role with me and I think that I really loved getting so much of her attention. Most photo's in my album growing up show me attached to some part of her. Even when she came home from her Mission, when we had empty bedrooms, we opted to share a room. I felt loved and pampered by her. Protected and esteemed. To me she was all that I needed, she was my hero and my best friend. And she never let that go to her head or took advantage of how I felt. She was the Big Sister I always felt I should have been to Megan growing up but so often was not.
I feel like I can talk to Charity about everything and anything. Sometimes I fear her honesty but that is why I so often go to her directly. She is witty and funny. I love her, her Husband and her kids. I am grateful for the many joys and happiness' that she has brought and continues to bring to my life. I so badly want Ella to have a Sister one day because I can not imagine who I would be or where I would go without mine.... the best sisters.

1 comment:

Becca said...

I love Charity! How beautiful is she! Sisters are the such great gifts!